
It's blurry, but it's Thorsten!
We lost our first match of the day against our rival (?) Chicago team. I think we had a chance, but they were all excellent shooters. Our team wasn't as sharp the last two days. I definitely got lucky and pulled off 2-1. My team finished 9-12th place and won $700. The prize money was a lot smaller than I expected, considering how much money they are making off of each game by making us pay! We had a great team, but we also realized that we have a lot to learn. Nevertheless, I was very proud of our performance, and I had a blast. We're already talking about next year as well as BCA 9-ball in October. Yeah!
After my loss, I went to watch the pro event again. It was once again Allison and Karen in the finals of the women's division. A lot of people are tired of those two playing against each other in the finals, but I don't really get bored with that. I think their consistency is amazing, although it would certainly be nice to see other women in the finals for a change. Allison won the tournament this time! The mens's side was Thorsten vs. Johnny. Thorsten shot beautifully. Yes he did get lucky a couple of times, but 7-0 is phenomenal. I wondered if poor Johnny could hear his baby crying upstairs. Before the match, Johnny waved at his son and his wife with a big smile. It was sweet and all, but I was worried that his baby's crying distracted him while he was playing.
No comments:
Post a Comment