Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Oki's Dog



Mmmmmm!!!!

My roommate took me to a place called Oki's Dog. I found a blog all about the best hot dogs in town and Oki's Dog was recently reviewed. There are two locations, and I went to the one near my place. My roommate has been going there for years, and it's still very popular. He wanted to take me there especially because there are two Japanese guys (owners?) working there, one of whom I met tonight. His name was Agena-san. Agena-san has been working there for 25 years!!! I think that's his last name...He told me he is from Okinawa, and that's why it's called "Oki" dog. I don't think the ingredients have anything to do with Okinawa, though. The picture above is from the blog I mentioned earlier, and I don't believe it looks very Okinawa-ish. Mine had two hot dogs and no lettuce. It also has pastrami and chili inside.

To illustrate just how popular this place is...when I got there, there was bus parked in front because the driver was buying dinner while the passengers waited inside the bus!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Hello

1 comment:

ニューヨーク在住日本版パンダ said...

tteka kore umasoooooo LA ni ittara tsurete itte ne!