I had an interesting day...
First I had my comp exam. This is basically an exit interview for the MSW program. I'm not very good at public speaking, but I did fine, and I passed. It's really more of a formality anyway.
Later on today I was getting off of the freeway, and I hit something. I thought it was a small rock but it made a strange noise. I turned the corner and there was even a bigger noise and the car felt funny. It turns out that I had a flat tire. :( I called for roadside assistance and a guy from a local towing company was sent for my rescue. As I talked to him, I noticed that his uniform looked kind of familiar...it turns out that I PLAY POOL WITH HIS COUSIN. His cousin wears his work clothes at the bars sometimes during pool league, so that's why it looked familiar. What a small world!!!
I went to a tire shop nearby and got the tire repaired. The guy came up to me and asked me if I had $5. He said that he won't charge me for the repair but he wanted me to tip the mechanic $5!!!!!! I'm guessing it's because I got in right before closing time, but...wow. Lucky me.
1 comment:
Oh yeah totally. I didn't really want to say that, but I'm sure it's true. On the other hand, he could have taken advantage of me, too, because I know very little about cars. I have no idea how much it costs to repair a tire.
Post a Comment