Wednesday, May 04, 2005

World Champion

There was a K-1 tournament yesterday. I was sleeping while it was going on, of course... Congrats to Masato...and all of the fighers :) Masato is well on his way to becoming a world champion again. Apparently he hurt his knee a few weeks ago. I hate hearing about knee injuries. It happens a lot in Tae Kwon Do, too. I once ran into a couple who do Tae Kwon Do together and they both hurt their knees at the same time and they both had surgeries. Martial Artists talk about knee injuries like they're totally normal...they're not, but they sure happen a lot.

I had to help my roommate stuff envelopes for his high school alumni association...close to 5,000 envelopes!!!!!!!!!! At the speed I was going, I think I'm good as any professional envelope stuffer, or world champion for that matter, if such a thing exists. This one random woman who decided to volunteer and help us out told us to line up 4-5 envelopes and swipe the sponge across all at once to seal them. She said it's much quicker that way....ok, so maybe I'm 2nd place and she would have been the world champ....dang...She had to tell us that about 5 minutes before we were done for the day, too.

I went to a Jiu Jitsu class for the first time in months. I forgot to clip my nails and tape my fingers so they're hurting. Jiu Jitsu is a tough sport, but I like it. More on that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to be a drag or anything like that, but i hope you know that there is an invention out there that does the folding and the stuffing of the envelopes right???? visit your local kinko's

Hiroko said...

Yes I realize that...I think the folding part was already taken care of...but everything else was done the old-fashioned way!!!! We all sat there mumbling "There's got to be a better way of doing this...!!!!" The woman bought 4,000 stamps!! Thousands and thousands of labels that had to be individually put on the envelopes!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!