Just discovered that my friend is diabetic. He didn't know that he was and thought that he was sick from his medications. Another friend and I took him to the emergency room yesterday because he was severely disoriented and looked emaciated. Had I known more about diabetes, I might have been able to pick up on the symptoms and taken him in sooner.
The visit to the emergency room was frustrating as hell. The immediacy and the feeling of "emergency" just wasn't there....The hospital is under construction and I wasn't able to find the drop-off area, so I parked in the 2o minute parking and walked with him through the entrance and ended up making him walk through what felt like a maze. Since we went after midnight, the place was pretty empty, but I guess that also meant that there weren't enough workers to direct us.
The four of us waited in the waiting room after filling out the one-page intake form and dropping it off in a box (grrr!). His name was called about 30 minutes later, and the nurse asked him questions and took his blood pressure, etc. His blood sugar was off the chart and the machine couldn't even measure it.
He came home yesterday, but went back to the hospital last night....Get well soon, H!
1 comment:
ararararaaaaa odaijini.... diabetes wa kowai yo ne...
Post a Comment