Monday, July 25, 2005

What's next?

After my break-up about a year ago, I mentally made a plan of what I will be doing in the next year or so. At first I had no concept of my life going on beyond where I was. I'm not saying that I wanted to kill myself, but I think that when something like that happens, you lose faith in everything you believed in and your vision becomes blurry. Maybe I did what many women do...plan your whole life around your man and your life doesn't exist without him.

One thing I was sure about was that I was going to finish graduate school. I briefly thought about taking a leave of absense because I didn't think I'd be able to afford it. I can't help thinking that I could have done a better job if I didn't have to deal with all the mess, but I knew that I was going to finish school. I was going to get a job in the social work field, and get a new apartment.

There's been some shaky moments here and there...but things really do fall into place when you work hard at it. I'm pretty much on schedule, too. In a few months, I should be able to save some money and move on to a new apartment.

So what's next...?? I think the first thing I will do is to work on getting my blackbelt. I'm not sure if I can do it by August, so it might be postponed to the next testing which will be in October. I will have to take a break from playing in major pool tournaments because I can't take any time off for a while. There are other ways to stay involved, so I'm not too worried about that. Careerwise, I will work towards my license as a clinical social worker, but that's a few years down the road. Financially, I have to work my butt off to pay off my loans... :(

That pretty much leaves only one thing that I'm missing now that I can think of...A significant other :) Panda, (if you're reading...) I know what you're going through...and if we're still single by the time we're 40, we should get married. (j/k)

1 comment:

ニューヨーク在住日本版パンダ said...

Yeah, lets get married, however, I already have a researvation with someone that we agreed that if we dont have a significant others by the age 30, we are going to get married, so, if that doesnt work, you are next in line ^^