My friend and I went to play in the Arizona Women's Billiards Tour this weekend to get a spot to play in the Women's Professional Billiards Tour next year. We drove from Los Angeles to Phoenix with another friend who was also going to Phoenix, AZ.I didn't get to see much of Phoenix because I was pretty much stuck in the pool hall all weekend. That's what happens in these two-day events for the most part...which is ok...we weren't there to go sight-seeing anyway! I liked the pool hall a lot. The event was held at Metro Sports Bar & Grill. This place had 10 9 ft. tables as well as ...10? bar tables. I know many of my friends would love to have a place like that in LA where they can have big bar table tournaments. The food was also incredibly cheap, but I guess they make their money back with expensive drinks.
One thing that was really difficult for me was the smoking. 99% of the customers were smokers. I think they had good ventilation but it was unbearable for a non-smoker like myself.
I finished in the top-half, which was a disappointing result for me. I felt that on any given day, I can play well enough to beat the top players in this tournament, but I did not play my best game. I blame it on lack of practice, the fact that I've been in kind of a slump, and that I forgot to eat a BANANA! Next time, I will prepare better so that I have time to pick up bananas on the way.
The thing that my friend and I both had trouble with besides the smoking was the fact that too many women don't take the game seriously. We tend to see the two extremes. Those who are serious sometimes become so serious to the point where they can't act like normal human beings. They tend to be extremely unfriendly and rude. Those who are there to "have fun" are way too talkative and almost inappropriate to the point where it bothers the hell out of others. I'm serious enough to care about the results, but I try to be respectful, courteous, and somewhat sociable. I saw waaaaaaay too much talking. I wondered if it was a move to get people distracted, which I'm sure was the case in some situations.
Despite disappointing results, I had a good time and I'm motivated to play again in December. This tour was run very efficiently in a very friendly, welcoming environment. The officers as well as other players were overall very nice people. Thank you, and I'm definitely coming to the next tournament!
1 comment:
綺麗になりました?写真見て、お?って思ったよ~ん
Post a Comment