Last year during this time, I was not able to eat because of my jaw surgery. I did it intentionally because I didn't really have any plans for Thanksgiving anyway. I also needed the extra days off to recover after the surgery. I think I made up for the lack of food this year...
My Thanksgiving celebration started last night at the Agency-wide Thanksgiving dinner. I believe the food was all home-made. Each unit was responsible for bringing different dishes, and I think over 200 people attended the event! I ate so much! The usual Thanksgiving dishes, like turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, green beans, etc. Yum!
Today was the Thanksgiving lunch at our program. This one was a little different. In addition to turkey, ham, etc, we had kimchi, kalbi, pasta, Italian style cutlet, menudo, ceviche, tamales, and mochi. I ate so much I thought I'd faint.
After lunch, I headed over to my friend's house for another Thanksgiving meal...I had no room left, but I had some salad, ham, and banana cream pie. I stayed for a couple of hours and I had to head back to work. It would have been nice if I went with an empty stomach, because she cooked some tasty Chinese food in addition to the traditional Thanksgiving dishes.
When I got to work at 6, the kids were GETTING READY FOR DINNER. Ahhh!!!! Well, I ate, of course. I had collard greens, macaroni & cheese, tamales, apple pie & sweet potato pie...help....
No comments:
Post a Comment