Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Japantown

Maybe some of the events that have been happening to me are just mere coincidence, but it's funny how and when they happen and how they are related...(make sense?)

I drove to Little Tokyo today to go to a bookstore. A buddy of mine told me that the magazine I'm looking for can be found at the store there. The traffic was bad, and I got lost, but finally made it to the area, but couldn't find parking. By the time I found the parking lot, I had to drive to work. I drove around for about 45 minutes for nothing...I told myself never to go back there again unless I have to!!!!

Then later today, I got an e-mail forwarded from an ex-coworker. Please read the message below and go to the link if you're interested.

If you haven't heard yet, San Francisco Japantown is up for sale. San Francisco's Japantown is only one of three remaining Nihonmachis in this country! We would like your help in signing this petition to keep Japantown from being sold. Please sign the petition to help keep a memorable part of our Japanese heritage from being gone.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/jtown/petition.html

No comments: