I got a phone call today from one of my co-workers in the past. I was a temp at a hospital near by working in the community relations department. The guy that called today was sort of my direct supervisor. He called me to let me know that he is now the manager of the unit we worked in and that he wants to offer me a position!!!!
He became the manager recently and the unit is structured a little differently now. Some people that I worked with are still there and it was nice to hear about them. He was offering me a position which sounded a whole lot better than what I had before because the work is less tedious. I explained to him that I finished school and it wouldn't be a good time for me to leave a social work job now that I have a degree and am working toward a license. He was pretty persistent, though, and was willing to work on the pay as well...(which I don't think is going to be that much of a difference).
I was shocked, but please to find out that he even thought of me. He said that he likes to refer back to people he worked with in the past and I was on the top of his list because I was a good worker. I was extremely flattered and was even interested to hear more about the position, but I know it's not going to happen. I don't want to go back to an office job, especially now. I enjoy the work I do even with all the time commitment and the stress involved. The timing sucks. I told him to get me a part-time position :P
Still, that was a nice compliment. Thank you...
No comments:
Post a Comment