

I was invited (by a friend of mine) to go to an event hosted by Cadillac this afternoon where guests can test-drive the new Cadillacs!!! I don't care so much for cars, but my friend convinced me to go. It's not like I'd ever get to drive these cars again.
The event was held at a test site in Irvine. After the presentation, guests lined up and waited for their turn to drive around the courses. We first went to try out the new 2007 Escalade. Those babies are huge! The course for the SUVs had many turns so I wasn't able to go very fast. I was too scared to go fast anyways...the car is so big that I could barely see anything outside (even after I adjust the seats. I think that's just the way they are). I saw many cones knocked over...hehehe. I had fun driving it, but I think it's too big for me.
Then I tried the SRX V8, which is also an SUV. This one wasn't as big and so it was a lot easier for me. I kinda liked this one better than the Escalade in terms of the size, but Escalades are still a lot of fun. It looks like a lot of fun, too.
After the SUVs, we went over to try some of their more sporty, more powerful models. The first one was the STS-V. This was the best one of all!!!!! Over $700,000!!!! Ahhh!!! It goes so fast that staff had to ride along with the drivers...It was on a new course so I kinda went slow, and I feel like I didn't get the best out of it. It accelerated very nicely, and handled amazingly well. It was soooo smooth.
The cool thing about this event was that they had other luxury cars available for a test-drive as well. I decided to try the Lexus...I don't know what model it was. I likes this one a lot, too. Since they only had one of each for Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes, I went back to trying the Cadillac. The next and the last one I tried was the CTS. This one was not as good as it looked...it felt stiff and wasn't as smooth as the other ones. I really liked STS-V and the Lexus.
I'm exhausted from waiting out in the cold, windy weather, but I felt like I was at an amusement park today. It was one hell of a ride :)
No comments:
Post a Comment