Saturday, April 08, 2006

Get Rich, or Die Tryin'

I don't know what came over me, but I actually saw this movie last night on DVD. I figured I could learn something from it for work.

My kids don't really listen to 50 cent. I'm assuming because he's more...east coast?? I could be wrong. I'm not into hip-hop myself.

*I may spoil the movie for some of you, although I'm sure most of you won't care.

This movie is supposed to be based on his actual life story, but I wondered if everything about it was true. A lot of things didn't make sense to me. For example, his GF? is an absolute angel. Doesn't seem like the type that would put up with gangster lifestyle. She actually is his #1 supporter. She didn't seem naive, either, so I had a hard time understanding her. When he's walking out to pay revenge on the Columbians, she just lets him go. Doesn't seem very upset about it. Waits for him at home, and asks...so, did you kill him? he says no. End of conversation. WTF????? ...doesn't make sense to me.

50 cent was portrayed as one of those criminals who are actually kind of...nice?? Has a heart. His mother tells him to treat women well.... He didn't beat his GF or yell at her or anything like that. They make it seem like he listened to his mother well and he's commited to his GF. But his music is so vulgar!!! I don't get it!!!!!

No comments: