Sunday, June 11, 2006

FIFA World Cup 2006

I woke up at 9 for no reason so I decided to turn on the TV and just chill in bed. The World Cup game between Iran and Mexico was on. When the World Cup was held in the US in 1994, my parents' friend took my brother and me to the Mexico vs. Bolivia game at the Soldier Stadium. I was surrounded by Mexican fans and I had a great time!! It doesn't even matter which team you're rooting for...

Of course, it's nice to be able to cheer for your favorite team. Japan did not qualify in 1994, but they've been playing since. I don't know if I'd be able to wake up at 6 AM to watch, though.

The game was going slow at one point so I flipped through the channels for literally 20 seconds. When I came back, Iran scored a goal to make it 1-1!!!! Ahhh!!!! I missed it... :(

No comments: