Sunday, July 02, 2006

Scary Moment

I came home at around 3 last night after our usual outing to Norms. As I parked and opened the door, I heard some yelling from the house diagonally across from ours. The neighbors were yelling at the driver of the white truck who drove it right into the cars parked on the side of the street!!!! He hit them, backed up, and hit them again, then drove off. The men from the house all rushed to their cars and drove after them, as the women and children watched in fear. If I came home 2 minutes later, those cars might have hit me.

First of all, I doubt that they actually caught up to him, but then again, maybe they know each other. I wonder what they'll do when they catch up. I stayed in my car while this all took place in case they started shooting at each other.

I've always thought that there were some shady people living in the house. At the end of their street, there is a recreational center. The walls always get tagged up with gang signs. Tonight I noticed that some were crossed out (not painted over, crossed out, which is bad news!) and had other gang tagging around them. Not good...

2 comments:

Searcher said...

That is scary. What's more scary is that you actually learned to read gang lingo?

I guess we never really know who our neighbors are. Hope you don't see another display of violence anytime soon, never would be better.

Have a great 4th of July.

Hiroko said...

Well...most of the time I don't know what they say, but I know that crossing them out is a big no-no. I work with at-risk youth so I just pick up stuff like that.