Obviously, there aren't too many people who hike in the area the bird guy took us, so it's not like there are trails for us to follow. We had to go between branches and walk on uneven ground. There was a spot with a bunch of dead branches and I took a picture of a boy walking on them. It looked really cool. As I proceeded to walk on the branches myself, I lost balance. I tried to catch myself but the weight of my backpack took over and I fell to the ground in slow motion. People who were watching were horrified. Well, it really wasn't that bad, but I guess it looked bad. One of my coworkers said, "I'm coming to get you!" but struggled to walk on the branches as well. A couple of the boys came to give me their hands and I finally managed to get back on my feet. It was so funny to me for some reason and I kept laughing. They thought I was weird.
For the first couple of days that we were there, the view wasn't very clear due to the smoke coming from the fires in Santa Barbara. Instead of another hike, we decided to go see a ghost town called Bodie which is about an hour away from Lee Vining. I had no idea it was going to be so interesting. From what I heard, the town had more than 50 bars but no churches at time. 50 bars? There had to have been some pool tables. Here's one...

It's actually a 3-cushion table. Obviously needs to be leveled.
The kids wanted me to take a picture of this...

The small little case in front says "Trojan"
I didn't get to read them, but there are newspaper articles and letters documenting a legend? rumor? about bad things happening to people who took things from Bodie. I'm not sure about that, but this looks like a set for Ring 3, Wild West version.
No comments:
Post a Comment