There was an article about a research study by AOL on people taking their cell phones to the bathrooms. I forget the exact statistics, but over 50% of the participants reported that they take their cell phones to the bathroom. It sounded like this is primarily to check messages and stuff like that. The researcher said that this is not because they feel like they have to use it all the time, but more due to the fear of leaving it behind and not having it on them (and maybe missing a call or a message?)
But...
What if it rings? Do they answer the phones?
Would the person on the other side find this offensive?
I mean, the person you are talking to is sitting on the toilet (or standing over it?). Not cool.
I once had a friend who would take the phone with him and do his business while I'm on the phone with him. I wouldn't know he was in the bathroom until he flushes the toilet, but this clearly meant that he was taking care of his business while we were talking. How hard is it to just put it down or call me back???
Please, don't take me to the bathroom with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment