On Monday morning, it dawned on me that I had ran out of contact lenses. I somehow lost track (camping trip threw me off) and realized that I only had one left. I had an odd number left because I found a tear once.
The earliest appointment I could get was 3 days later. What the heck am I going to do for 3 days without my contact lenses?
I had to make a decision. Do I wear one lens, or wear glasses? My glasses are super ancient. Actually, as I'm writing this I remembered that I got it about 4 years ago. Not that bad...but still old. I hardly ever wear glasses so I'm not used to going out with them. I sometimes move my car in the morning with my glasses on but I can't see very well. I can't stand seeing the frame.
I tried wearing just one lens. It was actually not that bad! I managed to do everything with only one eye. The only difficulty was driving at night and reading/writing. My boss and I joked around about being a pirate. I seriously considered making a patch to see if I could see better. Instead, I put a post-it on my right eye to see out of my left eye only. It worked OK.
So, today was finally the day of the appointment. I'm just having no luck with this contact lens drama. It turns out that Kaiser no longer carries Acuvue 2, so I have to go elsewhere to buy them. I also have to wait till October to get my benefits to use toward my glasses. I can live without my glasses for while, but what about my cotnacts? I'm actually kinda getting sick of being a pirate already. The doctor suggested going to Walmart of Costco so I can pick up contacts today.
Hmm. Walmart, or Costco?
I was a big fan of Walmart in college. I loved shopping at 1 in the morning when nobody is there. I was in West LA, and the only Costco in the area that I know of is on Crenshaw. I didn't really like that place...
I was actually closer to Costco, but I don't have membership. Ever since I went to Costco with my client, I've been thinking about getting membership. The problem is, I hardly need anything in bulk. Sure I'll eventually use 20 rolls of toilet paper, but I really don't need them all at once. Still, Costco has been this magical place that I've always wanted to see. Kind of like Disneyland.
Costco, it is.
I had to wait a long time to get contacts, so I didn't get to explore the wonderful world of Costco. I was happy to find out how much money I saved on the contact lenses, though. I think I'll make up the membership fee right away.
No comments:
Post a Comment