Sunday, April 27, 2008

Graduation

A client of mine that I've had for over 1.5 year finally graduated from the program. I really don't care about the length of time, and it turned out that he didn't take as long as some of the other graduates. He is my first graduate since I started working there almost 3 years ago.

We've already said our goodbyes, so it doesn't really feel like the end. The graduation event is always fun, but the thing that sucks about it is that most of the residents that he spent time with are gone. Celebrating with newcomers is less than ideal, but I think we did a pretty good job with making fun of him in the skit and letting him know that he will be remembered.

My boss read a Dr. Seuss book, "Oh the Places You'll Go!" I thought it was relavant to his situation because he's not very happy at home. His family moved while he was in the program and he "went home" to a totally new place. I hope he finds places where there are more sidewalks (he knows what I mean).

2 comments:

Byronism said...

and the MUSIC! you forgot that it was read with background music, which made it even BETTER! : )

Hiroko said...

Doh! and by the way, I know it was Jurassic Park, right from the start.