Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shopping Cart Madness

I've always been annoyed with LA shoppers leaving their shopping carts in the parking lot instead of taking them to the "cart return" section. I'm not sure if this is the trend just in LA or in the west, but I don't remember this being as bad in other states.

This is usually the case at Target. No one seems to return them and the new customers usually have to wait for them to be brought back by the employees. Costco is also just as bad, if not worse because their shopping carts are massive.

I went to Target today to pick up a couple of things and shopping carts are all over the place as usual.

As I walk back to my car after I'm done, I see a woman pushing the cart RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY CAR, and she leaves it there!!! I observe as I keep walking and she proceeds to get in her car which is parked next to mine.

Oh HELL NO.

I tell the woman to move it because it's blocking my car. The woman didn't seem to understand a word I said but obviously knew why I was upset. She gets out, takes the cart, then PUSHES IT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF HER CAR and blocks the car to her right (it was touching the bumper!!!). Unbelievable!!!

I kind of gave up and just let the woman go. She just doesn't care. As I'm writing this, I thought maybe she's a handicapped driver?? I don't remember seeing any signs. She wasn't an elderly woman and seemed fully capable of taking it back. I guess I could have offered to take care of it if that were the case, but her audacity just totally upset me.

Luckily, a couple of employees picking up the carts were headed toward me so I told them to take it.

Target should hire snipers (or patrols) to crack down on the shopping cart madness.

No comments: