Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lone Pine Lake

When we got up in the morning everything was wet.  It rained really early in the morning.  It was so loud that I woke up several times.  Someone told me there was also some lightning, hail, and rocks falling!!!  Two years ago the stream flooded and one tent got completely washed away by mud/water.  Yikes...

Well none of those crazy things happened so we went on with preparing breakfast.  Pancakes, scrambled eggs with avocado (eww), bacon, sausage, etc. etc.  After breakfast we each went on to do our own things.  Some of us went fishing at a nearby pond, others stayed at the campground and chilled.  I went hiking along with a couple of families that were with us.  

 

We hiked to the Lone Pine Lake, which is 2.8 miles according to the poster on the right.  It might not sound like a whole lot to hike, but it's uphill the whole way.  


Before I left we were joking around about going number 2 because WE HAVE TO PACK OUR POOP!!  I guess it's a law.  It shouldn't be that weird I guess since we do that for dogs.  No?

I ended up hiking alone for the most part because the faster people went ahead and smaller group stayed back.  I was gonna stay with the slower group but I decided to try to catch up with the fast group, except I couldn't!  I ended up with random Asian people that were hiking in between my group.

The weather changes up in the mountains so rapidly.  One minute it was sunny, then it suddenly gets all cloudy.  Back at the campground my friend told me it was raining over by the trees when he was grilling steak only about 30 ft. away.  It rained up in the mountains when we were hiking.

Here's the Lone Pine Lake.


It was cloudy the whole time we were there.  It rained/hailed a couple of times.  We fished up there but they were all very small.  We ate lunch, chilled, then headed down.

A few more pictures...


My friend had already started cooking when we got back to the campground.  Some of the kids were really tired and falling asleep as they were eating, but the fun came when it got dark.  You have to have S'mores when you're camping!  I was too full the night before so I had one that night.  They also made banana boats, which is basically bananas wrapped with foil with chocolate and marshmallows inside.  Yum!!

And to be continued again...it takes too long to write about the whole trip in one blog.

No comments: