
Our first match was against a team from Wisconsin (Hurricane Alley?). We were doing so well in the beginning, winning 7-2. Then the other team started to catch up and it became 9-8. My teammate played a great safety and her opponent had to kick at her stripe ball that was stuck to the solid ball. I guess we should have called the ref in this situation, but her opponent made a bad hit. I wasn't paying attention, but everyone told me it was obvious. My teammate picked up the cue ball and her opponent jumped from her seat and told my teammate that it was a good hit. It was obvious to everyone including her teammates (who said nothing) but she was adamant that she made a legal hit. The refs were called and they eventually decided that since my teammate didn't acknowledge the foul before picking up the cue ball, her opponent had ball-in-hand. It was a really stupid call, considering how obvious the hit was. They got us on technicality. Everyone including spectators who we don't even know vouched for us and everyone yelled out "foul!!!!" but it didn't matter. The good thing was, our other teammate was on the 8 and she made it to win the match for us. I honestly believe that the woman truly believed that it was a good hit. I don't think she meant to be bitchy or pull something against us. Still, a bad hit is a bad hit.
Our next match was against...I don't even remember...some other team...we crushed them 10-1!!! We actually lost the first game, and the other team cheered like they just won the lottery. They must have had a bye and it was their first win of their tournament. I am proud to say that IT WAS THE ONLY WIN FOR THEM FOR THIS MATCH AND HOPEFULLY FOR THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT. HA! Just kidding...I wasn't offended. Let them enjoy the highlight of THEIR ENTIRE TOUNAMENT. Ok that's enough. Our third match was a breeze, too. 10-2. I made a tough cut on the 8 into the side pocket to win the match.
I think my score for the first day was something like 1-1, 2-1, 2-0??
The nice thing about winning all three matches the first day was that we did not have to play until Friday. The team celebrated by going out to the Mandalay Bay. It was nice!!!! We had a huge crowd come out with us. I had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment