OK, I'm sure many of you think my obsession with this is stupid, but it's serious stuff.
I had a conversation with my friends today about this show and it turns out that someone did get hurt on this show. It wasn't a contestant, but the host of the show, Bob Barker! Many of the winners celebrate with the host by hugging, jumping, whatever they want to do. This Samoan woman got really excited and she hugged the host really hard. Not just hugged but held him up in the air, squeezed him, etc. The next day, they made an announcement that there will be no more hugging, because poor Bob broke his ribs.
I guess I just don't get that excited about stuff. I remember when I first started playing pool, I was told not to celebrate too much in front of people, especially the opponent, when I win a game. I guess this is a courtesy toward the other player who may be feeling down because of the loss or a missed shot. There's no need to celebrate excessively. You don't really want to rub it in either. You never know how they will take it, especially in a gambling match or redneck pool.
Oh wait...so now this almost seems like I'm jealous of these people winning on this show if I can't stand seeing them getting excited. I guess I wouldn't care how I'd look on TV if I won a ton of money, either.
No comments:
Post a Comment