
My friend took me to the firing range today. I shot a gun for the first time in my life...I actually tried to sign up for a shooting class to get P.E. credits in college, but I wasn't able to fit it in my schedule. We used my friend's small handgun, but holy moly that thing was scary...
My friend is a retired police officer and he had mentioned taking me to the firing range one day. I was talking to him about playing darts one Friday night and I actually did amazingly well for knowing nothing about darts. So then we decided to see how I'd do with guns.
As you can see, I was able to hit the target...I think I did OK as a first-timer. For some reason I like to stay to the left...I tried to adjust but I wasn't successful. Even a small gun kicks back like crazy...and it was hard for me be gentle with the gun because I was anticipating the kick-back. It was also extremely hard to keep the body still.
He got one of the guys that was there to let me try shooting a rifle. I couldn't even hold it for a very long time. So heavy! I won't be hunting anytime soon.
3 comments:
I am still a gun virigin ^^ anzen naru nihon jin de aru no da
確かに日本人としては、銃を撃つのってとても違和感があった。スポーツとしてやってみたかったんだけど、マジで怖かったよ。アメリカ人はこんなもの持ち歩いたりしてるのか!って。一緒にいた友達は元警察官だから大丈夫だよ。
でもさ、年取ったら自分の身を守れなくなるから銃を買おうかとか言ってる人が私の知り合いの中にもいるんだけど、そういうのどう思う?怖いよ~やめてほしい。
銃自体社会にこれだけ多いのがおかしいんだよね・・・銃自体に抵抗もないし、この国の人達・・・・憲法に書いてある、The Right To Bear Armsってのは、ちょっと違う意味で書かれたんだと思うけど・・・
Post a Comment