I wrote a long time ago about keeping track of creepy men at pool tournaments. I didn't have to think about it for a while, because nothing major has happened. It all came back to me today...
I've had other people do weird things, but not to this extreme. The other day, I found out that this one bar player set up my picture to be the wallpaper for his cell phone. That was a little odd, too, but I know that he's harmless. I just know. This one is weird and I definitely need to watch my back...
The day I got back from Japan in January, I went to the poolhall to watch a tournament. As I talk to my friend, I noticed a man sitting in the bleachers constantly looking at me. When you are being stared at by someone...you can feel it. I kept making eye contact with him, because when you're being stared at, you want to make sure you know where the creep is so that he doesn't catch you by surprise. He tried to catch my attention and smile every time this happened.
I started to feel a little uncomfortable, but I went on with my business, saying hello to everyone that I hadn't seen in a while, and hit a few balls with a couple of people. As I'm doing this, this man makes his way closer and closer to me, to the point where he's standing by my table. Every time I walk by him, he would try to catch my attention or try to say something, but I tried my best to ignore him. He was giving off a weird vibe and I didn't like it.
I decided to leave early so that I don't have to deal with him anymore. I walked out to the parking lot, and as I'm getting in my car, I noticed that the guy came outside to see where I was. I decided that I need to put an end to this right now, because we're going to continue running into each other at pool tournaments. I decided to pull over by the entrance, get out of the car, and approach him. He greeted me with a huge creepy smile. I confronted him and told him that he needs to stop staring at me. He said that he wasn't trying to stalk me or anything, and went on to say, "but can I just say something?" I told him no, and drove off. I told all of my friends about it so that I'll be protected.
A couple of months later, he came up to me before a tournament to apologize. I thought it took guts to do that, so I accepted the apology. I regreted it afterwards, because he said, I didn't mean to stalk you or anything, but I JUST COULDN'T STOP LOOKING AT YOU. yeah, that's the way to apologize...HOW CREEPY DO YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO GET?? He continued to talk to me and try to make conversation by asking me a whole bunch of questions. Yes, I accpeted the apology but I wasn't interested in becoming friends with him, so I started to avoid him again.
I saw him again today, and he continued to be his creepy self...He was obviously following me around the pool hall and staring at me all day long. If he lost sight of me, he would walk around and look for me. I would leave, and he would mysteriously reappear so that he can keep an eye on me. I was seriously disturbed.
This man:
1. can't take a hint
2. didn't stop when I contronted him and embarassed him in front of people
3. irons clothes that don't need ironing
4. is just so darn obvious. At least be a little more subtle, no?
5. thinks he should continue to pursue me as long as I'm single
Hell Mel finally went up and asked him directly if he's following me. He came up with a billion excuses, including:
1. He's there to learn pool
2. I'm paranoid
3. He only went out to the parking lot to see what kind of car I drive
4. He apologized so we're cool
Creepy man, you're not going to fool us...
No comments:
Post a Comment