
Tonight, I'm going to talk about "Hero." heheheehe I told you guys I'll watch it.
I liked "House of Flying Dagger" better than "Hero," I must say. It was just much prettier. Like Panda said (which most of you can't read...), "Flying Dagger" was a beautiful movie. "Hero" was also very colorful and different colors had different implications and meanings, but "Flying Dagger" was just more pleasing to the eyes. Also, like Hel Mel said, it was slow...gotta love Jet Li though.
I didn't like the martial arts scene as much as "Flying Dagger," either. Too much spinning and flying...pretty but excessive.
My favorite Jet Li movie, although I haven't seen many, has to be "Fist of Legend." I heard this movie is a remake of a Bruce Lee movie. It takes place during the Japanese occupation in China and Jet Li's character beats the crap out of the Japanese. It's quite entertaining because the Japanese are depicted as just total losers in this movie (I dont' blame them - they seem pretty stupid in the movie). BUT Jet Li falls in love with a Japanese girl. awwwwwww......and there is one cool Japanese guy in the movie (the master). Thank goodness... I probably like this movie best because it's more hand to hand fighting rather than using weapons.
To continue the Chinese movie streak, I shall rent "Kung Fu Hustle" next. (just kidding...)
No comments:
Post a Comment