
Welcome back to Ruby's movie review. Today's featured film is House of Flying Daggers. I won't spoil the movie for you, but you might not want to read if you haven't seen it yet and plan on doing so.
I liked the movie, but it wasn't great. They went a little easier on the flying (in fact I don't think there were any) and running-on-trees type actions. Whew. That annoyed me a lot in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The fighting scenes were pretty cool. I think the best martial arts scene was the jail scene with Jin played by Takeshi Kaneshiro...or more like his stunt double. He kicks (yes literally kick) the crap out of everyone and kicks down the door. Yeah!
There were many twists in the plot which made the story interesting, but kind of pointless at the same time. Considering all the background information that are revealed later on in the movie, most of the scenes in the beginning seem meaningless and unnecessary to me. Toward the end, it gets REALLY ugly...but it's ok, Takeshi is still a hottie. Ziyi Zhang played Mei, who I thought was pretty cool, too, but I personally liked her better as the spunky girl in Crouching Tiger.
I think I'll watch Jet Li's "Hero" next :)
2 comments:
あ、この映画みたのね~この映画ね、色が凄く綺麗でしょ?それが相当気にって好きなんよ(例えば竹林の中で彼女が緑色の服着てたり)。Heroはね、あまり良くなかった様な気がします・・・まあ、見てみて頂戴。俺はこの映画で一番のお気に入りはやっぱり、あの太鼓のシーンでしょうか?ま~どっちにしてもジャンは可愛い~~~~^^ 彼女はマジで美人です。
Hero is very visually artsy and cool, but it might be a lil' bit slow... and the ending is super-asian, philosophically... hehe!
Post a Comment