Monday, October 31, 2005

BCA 9-ball 2005

Last Friday, I drove up to Las Vegas to compete in the BCA National 9-ball Championships. It was held at the Plaza Hotel & Casino. This year, I only played in the women's team event. We had a kick-ass team, the Happy Bunnies.

In case you're wondering, those are bunnies in the picture, not roaches or beatles. Dave is no artist but he won the 10-ball event so watch out!.

This is a special event for me because I started to like and play more bar table games since I played in this tournament in 2004. I loved it last year, but this year was even better. There was a pack of people from the LA area who did very well in the tournament, including my team who finished 2nd place. We played against a team from Las Vegas, the Missing Chink. I love that name...

I wasn't very happy with my individual performance. I did some things really well, but played some horrible safeties. I was so tired I could hardly break. My teammates really held it together when I didn't do so well. I guess that's the beauty of playing in a team event.

Last year, our team placed 3rd. This year was 2nd. Maybe 1st place next year?

No comments: