There was a scotch doubles 8 ball tournament/singles 9 ball tournament today to benefit the hurricane victims. I spent pretty much the whole day in the grungy bar....I remember when I first came to Los Angeles and went to a bar tournament. I don't know what I was expecting but I was really disappointed when I saw that the bars out here are just as grungy as the ones out in the rural parts of Pennsylvania where I used to live. It's pretty much the same everywhere. In these bars, people don't seem that different either. Just a little more diverse here in Los Angeles.
I played like a beginner, but thanks to my partner we managed to win the tournament. I've always liked playing scotch doubles. You can have the greatest player as a partner and still not win. You can put two best players together and they still wouldn't necessarily make the best team. Two mediocre shooters can actually do pretty well at these tournaments. The difference between the two players can be huge and still play really well. I think it's all in the teamwork and how the players can help each other out. Usually in a male/female scotch doubles team, the male player tends to be the better player and has to coach his partner. It can be tricky when it's the other way around, or when they're actually a couple. I saw fights/arguments breaking out today...
I hope you all can get a taste of what I like about pool and why I play this game so much. There's so much to this game, I tell ya!
1 comment:
今度色々とプールの遊び方教えてよ。俺二つぐらいしか知らないから・・・ましてメチャクチャ下手だけど宜しく~
Post a Comment