Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Famous Lady

My friend told me to watch the news tonight because they had a segment on cameramen going around town taking random pictures of women and posting them on the internet. Ewwwwwwww...there are some sick people out there. Anyway, my friend suggested that I watch this because of the camera incident at Ralph's. In my case, though, the photographer (?) was a woman, and I don't think she was interested in me. In fact, she gave me a really dirty look. My other friends concluded that this woman thought I'm someone else. It's probably true.

This incident made me remember something that happened while I was in college. I wrote a few months ago about my experience with the Japanese Little League team (I tried to find the link but I'm too lazy to spend more than 2 minutes looking for it). When I went to watch them play in the world series, there was a local boy and his grandmother who were also there to enjoy some little league action. This lady heard that there was a Japanese celebrity, and assumed that I was that person. She came up with a camera and told the boy to stand next to me so she could take a picture. I told them both that I'm nobody (hahaha) but grandma won't listen. The boy kept telling grandma that she got the wrong person but she won't listen to him either. She wasn't going to leave without getting one picture with the "FAMOUS LADY." We just let her take the picture to get it over with and move on.

I watched the movie "Ray" tonight. It was powerful, but like any other Hollywood movie, they make stuff up...I did some research online (Wikipedia) and found out that he wasn't actually "banned" from Georgia. Then I also found out that he is survived by 12 children. 12!?!?!?!? There were only 3 (and 1 on its way) in the movie! In either case, Jamie Foxx did a wonderful job in this movie...I saw his comedy gig on HBO one day and I died laughing. He's hilarious.

No comments: