At around 6:45 p.m., as I started driving to get the tournament, I noticed that the car was driving funny. I had another flat tire!!! Last night, I heard glass breaking as I drove through the parking lot of the pool hall. I stopped but it seemed fine, so I kept driving. I got home just fine last night, but tonight, it was flat. I can't begin to tell you how annoying this was...I mean, I'm ready to go, I get in my car, start driving, but the frickin' tire is flat!!!!! Grrrr!!!!!!!
I don't know how to switch it with the spare tire, so I call my roadside assistance people..they say it'll take them 55 minutes to get here. I thought for sure I won't make it to the tournament, so I cancelled. My friend asked what the hell I'm gonna do tonight. Well I figured why drag those people out at night? But I thought about it and I decided to get it fixed tonight afterall.
They arrived right around the time they said they would, and fixed it right away. As the guy got his paperwork together, this little kid pops out of nowhere and starts working on my car. He couldn't have been older than 12....This cute little boy put the spare tire in for me. Amazing. We couldn't find anything on the tire. I still don't know why it went flat. After it was all done, I thanked them and said goodbye. Then I realized that I forgot to tip them. Oops...
I call up my friend to tell him that it was fixed. He tells me I can still make it to the tournament. Wow. So I head over there. I win my first match. I lose the next match. I get really lucky and somehow make it to 3rd place. I don't feel that it was all luck, though. I feel like practice really paid off tonight.
How come I'm having so many tire problems lately?? I just got one fixed last week...
No comments:
Post a Comment