Monday, December 19, 2005

Fender-Bender

I was trying to change lanes on the busy freeway and next thing I know, there was a car right in front of me. I ended up bumping into the car. I wasn't going very fast because the freeway was packed, although it felt like I bumped into it pretty hard. I could see that there was no damage to the car. I got out of the car and walked over to the driver's seat. The guy freaked me out at first because he was wearing a uniform!! It turns out that he and the passenger were security guards. They barely spoke English, but told me that they wanted my info. I gave them my name and phone number while the woman checked the car. I was having a hard time finding my insurance info (where the hell is it???) but the woman told me it's OK. Since there was no damage, they let me go!!!

The same thing happened to me on the 405 one Sunday on my way to Hard Times (Mel, do you remember?) It was bumper-to-bumper traffic and the car behind me bumped into my car. We felt a big jerk but it probably wasn't very hard. It just feels like it. We turned around and it was these two teenagers looking absolutely horrified. I got out of the car and I could tell that my bumper that was already damaged looked a little worse, but not much. We were in a hurry and I didn't feel like going through all the trouble, so I told the girls it's OK and I kept going. I figured that's what bumpers are for anyway.

My friend told me it could be a scam (or could turn into a scam). I hope not... :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those poor teenagers... I remember we could tell they probably had *just* started driving... =)

ニューヨーク在住日本版パンダ said...

よかったね~無事でよかった。気をつけてね