Sunday, December 04, 2005

Men In Bars

I wasn't planning on going to the tournament tonight because my friend wasn't going to be there, but I figured there's a few other people there I know. As soon as I walk in...I saw that idiot from a couple of months ago that really pissed me off. Oh well...hopefully he wouldn't bother me. I told the tournament director to put me as far away from him as possible. He didn't think the guy would bother me because he was gambling. It turned out that he (and his buddy) were playing against this one guy for $75 a game + table time. I heard later that night that the guy (and his buddy) lost $750 + $170 for table time!!!! He didn't bother me, but I heard him making some stupid comments here and there.

This guy was standing next to his buddy and this other drunk at the counter...wonderful. All three idiots were there tonight. The third creepy drunk came up to me and asked me my name. I told him, and he introduced himself. He said that he made a really bad impression on me last time. I told him ok whatever (I thought he was really drunk and I stayed away from him, but I actually have no idea what he's talking about). For a while the guy kept acting as if we were best friends...he would keep staring at me across the room and every time we would run into each other, he would try to make a conversation. At one time he sort of cornered me at the back door and freaked me out.

Then as soon as my friends were out of their seats, he decided to come sit next to me and start chatting. I finally told him I don't want to talk to him because I don't feel comfortable around him. He was shocked and kept asking why, and started to get angry and told me "F*ck you." I said "OK." That made him more angry. He would say OK, but kept standing there in front of me. He asked me what I'm doing there (why I'm at the bar) so I told him I'M HERE FOR THE TOURNAMENT (It wasn't there for him for sure). Then he said, "Think of it as if you were a man," then he got cut off by the tournament director. I have no idea what he was trying to say. If I were a man, he's gonna beat me up? If I were a man, I guess he won't be talking to me...What the f*#@ is your point?

Later that night, some other guy came up and asked me my name, introduced himself, complimented me on my game, then walked away. This guy wasn't creepy so I wasn't upset at all, but my friend became concerned and decided to make sure he sits next to me. I guess I'll stay away from these tournaments unless I have friends there with me :(

2 comments:

ニューヨーク在住日本版パンダ said...

hodohodo ni shite oke yooooo yopparatta ningen tte kowai kara~

Hiroko said...

As I told a couple of friends what happened, I thought about the comment the idiot made about if I were a guy. I thought maybe he was trying to tell me that he was just trying to be nice and I hurt his feelings, so try to look at it from a guy's point of view. Maybe that'll give him too much credit because he said FU to me hoping he'd hurt my feelings. BFH!