My boss told me yesterday that there are rumors of possible riots in LA if Tookie Williams is executed on Tuesday. As far as I know, there are people including his attorneys trying to stop the execution but I guess we won't know until that day (or even a minute before the time of execution). My boss told me that he'll be watching the news and he might call me early that morning to tell me I don't need to come to work that day if it actually happens.
I work in the Miracle Mile district and I live less than 2 miles from work. We should be OK in that neighborhood, but we are preparing for the worst. The funny thing about LA is that you could live in a nice neighborhood but it could be right next to the ghetto. You could literally cross the street and be in the HOOD. I think my neighborhood is where the ghetto begins. It's not bad but it's a little shady. We should be OK here as well. I hope...!!
No comments:
Post a Comment