I talked about guilt with my therapist a long time ago. She said that guilt is a feeling associted with wrongdoing. There is a difference between feeling bad and feeling guilty.
Someone pointed out my feelings of guilt and wondered where they are coming from.
It may not make sense but I know where they are coming from.
I thought it was guilt. If it's not guilt, I don't know what it is.
I feel guilty about a lot of things. I feel guilty because I don't practice enough pool. I feel guilty about being too afraid to compete in Tae Kwon Do. I feel guilty for not eating healthy food. I feel guilty when I don't get enough sleep and I feel like crap the next day. I feel guilty because I don't work out enough. I feel guilty for not winning in pool. I feel guilty because my relationship failed. I feel guilty for not getting better grades in school. I feel guilty because I don't spend enough time with family and friends. I feel guilty when I forget to floss. I felt guilty when my clients were discharged. I feel guilty about my past actions. and so on...
I was feeling so much guilt that I had to reach for my Feeling Good handbook. Sure enough, the page I opened randomly was titled "The Guilty Cycle." Whoa...
I will read this, and hopefully, I will no longer be guilty of feeling guilty, because I'm not really guilty and I should not feel guilty. Got that!?
No comments:
Post a Comment