Thursday, January 26, 2006

Stress

Stress manifests itself in many different ways in each person. I think I know myself pretty well, but when it comes to stress, I actually don't have a good understanding about how it affects me. The reason I bring this up is because my eczema is acting up and it may be due to stress. I think it has more to do with the lack of moisture in the air and I'm hoping my new humidifier would make a difference.

A couple of things that I've noticed about myself in the last couple of weeks is that I'm not getting enough sleep and I'm eating too much. I think these two things happen when I am under a lot of stress. It's not that I'm too busy that I end up going to bed too late. I find myself not wanting to go to bed and staying up late at night just to zone out. I've been snacking a lot and I feel like I can continue eating forever. This is not good...

I think this happens more often when I work the late shift because I don't get to work out. I haven't had a chance to go running but I think I need to make that a priority next time I'm on a late shift.

No comments: