Yes, I know it's already January 2nd...but I'd like to say Happy New Year!
I worked for...13 days straight. I didn't work a full day some days, but I had to be there pretty much every single day since the 19th. Ugh! I like my job but that was frustrating. I worked New Year's Eve from 6-10, and a crisis struck and I had to stay longer. That's the way it goes.
I was so busy that I didn't really have the time to reflect on my 2005 or think about my new year's resolution. So here I go...
2005 was an eventful year for me. Not much happened in the first half. At the beginning of the year, I still had my wires in my jaw, although I was eating normally. I just spent the holidays not being able to eat very much and it was a slow recovery. I took a break from TKD for about a month starting in February trying to decide whether I should quit or go look for another school. I was invited to join a school where I used to go a long time ago. Looking back, that was a very good move. Then in May I played in the BCA 8-ball in Las Vegas. That was a lot of fun, and I was pleased with my performance.
On June 17th, I graduated from school with my MSW. Then I endured a grueling month trying to find a job. In one week, I celebrated my birthday, went to 3 interviews, and started my job the following Monday. Crazy. Then for a couple of months, things were quiet until I went to Las Vegas again for BCA. I think I did OK, but not great. I started getting ready for my black belt test in November and finally got it in December.
What was so nice about 2005 was that it was the year for myself. I actually spent the entire year as a single woman. I help people for living, but most of what I did outside was dedicated to self-improvement. I think it was necessary and I feel like a new person.
I don't know what to expect for 2006...the only thing I thought about was being better about balancing my checkbook! That's about it. I always want to be a better pool player, better martial artist, and a better social worker. Maybe there will be something new in my life this year.
みなさん、あけましておめでとうございます。これからもよろしくお願いいたします。
2 comments:
おめでと~~~ん、今年もヨロシク
Happy New Year!!
おめでとう。
こっちは44℃のなかの正月でした。
っていうか暑い。暑すぎる。
今年もよろしくね。
またカキコするねん。
Post a Comment