Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Not one of my best days...

Welcome to residential...*sigh*...

Both of the afternoon staff called in sick so we had no coverage tonight. The coordinator had an appointment tonight so someone had to step in and cover the house. It pretty much only left me and this other guy, and I stepped in since I live so close.

I have no bad feelings for having been the person to do it, but I didn't expect it to be so long...I ended up pulling a 12+hour shift. I'm physically and mentall tired. I hope I can go in a little later tomorrow.

That wasn't the only reason why today kinda sucked. I kept jamming my finger in drawers/cabinets, missed my dentist appointment, and had to reschedule a doctor's appointment because of a conflict with other staff schedule. Grrrrr...

On a lighter note, I had a funny yet annoying call from a telemarketer today at work. Here's how it went (blah blahs are the parts I don't really remember and they're not important):

Telemarketer: Hello, this is so-and-so from so-and-so company offering you a free gas card blah blah blah.
Me: No that's ok.
T: I'm not trying to sell you anything. It's free.
Me: Nah, no thank you.
T: Wait, how about a free trip to blah blah blah blah?
Me: Um...this is a business you're calling.
T: I know! blah blah blah blah
Me: We're non-profit.
T: Yeah. How about blah blah blah bla
Me: No thanks. I'm gonna go now.
T: Don't go!
Me: LOL!!!
T: Come on! (He's laughing, too) I'll take you to a free dinner at blah blah blah blah
Me: Hahaha that's ok.
T: Awwwww blah blah blah blah
Me: No thanks. bye. (hung up)

No comments: