Monday, August 21, 2006

La Louisianna

Yesterday was my roommate's birthday. He usually likes to keep quiet about it, but he told me the other day and we decided to go out for dinner tonight. He picked "La Louisianna," a Creole restaurant near Inglewood. I had seen it before but have never been inside.

I walked in, and immediately noticed that I was the only Asian, no wait, the only non-African American person in the room. He's always been someone that I go do "black" things with, like go eat soul food. The place had a good feel to it. The jazz band was getting ready to perform.

I don't eat Creole/Cajun food much, but I like it a lot. Today I decided to try shrimp etouffee. It was a bit spicy (I can't handle too much spicy food) but it was delicious. The green beans that I got as a side dish was also tasty. The bread could have been a little better...

Stayed and listened to the music a little bit. Kind of nice to try new things :)

No comments: