Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ending the Cycle

I went to Blockbuster the other day to rent the 3rd disc of Prisonbreak. It's a pretty cool show, if any of you haven't already seen it.

Before I went to sleep, I opened the case to pop in the DVD, then I realized the disc inside was actually disc 5. Whoever rented it before me must have put in the wrong disc back. Grrrr!!!!! There was no point in seeing disc 5 when I haven't seen 3 or 4, so I decided to wait. :(

The next day, I went back to Blockbuster and complained. The cashier asked me if there were more on the shelf and I said no, so he was forced to go look for it. As he shuffled around the counter, a guy came in and said that the same thing happened to him. It appeard that he rented the same one, too.

The cashier went to talk to the manager who actually remembered seeing a disc 5 case with disc 3 inside. The problem was solved!!

On the way home, I realized something. If the guy found the wrong disc, why didn't he say something to the store? Did he just return it without doing anything about it?? Had he done something, perhaps I didn't have to suffer. All he had to do was say something to them and maybe they could have left a note even if they weren't able to find it on the spot like they did for me. Perhaps there were more than just the two of us who found the wrong disc inside that case. Whoever rented disc 5 ended up with disc 3.

Well, I refused to stay quiet. I spoke out and the problem was solved. Because I did something about it, I was able to end the cycle.

And perhaps the lesson is that it takes more than 1 person? The person who rented disc 5 had to have said something for the manager to remember.

No comments: