http://www.sangaria.co.jp/kodomo/kodomo_lineup.html
I was walking down the beverage aisle at Marukai (Japanese market) and came across this curious looking drink. Take a look at the picture of the creepy-looking kid. I guess it's supposed to be old-fashioned and looks like it's from before WWII, as they would say in Japan. The name of the drink is "Kodomo no Nomimono" meaning "Beverage for Kids."
Scroll down to the picture of the canned version of this beverage (this is what I saw at the store). I don't think I'm the only person who thought this is beer. Look at the picture!!
I looked all over the can but all it says is that it's carbonated beverage.
They have the light and dark kind, as well as grape juice that comes in bottles. The two carbonated ones look like light and dark (like Guiness) beer, and the other one is kinda like red wine. On the logo, it says "Kodomo datte kanpai," which translates to "Kids can go 'kanpai' (a toast), too." I guess the idea is that kids can also enjoy drinks like adults enjoy alcohol. Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment