Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Q-tips

I stayed late at work to cover for the night caseworker who was running late. I made my rounds after lights out - basically making sure that everyone is in their room. I went upstairs and I saw one of the boys standing with a concerned look.

He asked me to look at his ear.

It looked a little red.

He then said that he can't really hear from that ear because his Q-tip got stuck. When he pulled out his q-tip...the cotton part wasn't there.

After I laughed for good two minutes, I told him to get dressed and come down to the office. With the flashlight, I could actually see the cotton but deeeep inside. I thought about taking him to the emergency room, but is this really an emergency???

I could try to take it out myself, but this could do more harm if I scratch the inside of his ear. I used tweezers but everytime I went in deep he would get really scared. Most of the time, though, we were all laughing our butts off.

We even consulted with our boss who decided that this can wait till tomorrow morning. I decided to give it another try with my tweezers since they're rounder at the tip. This time he toughened up and we successfully removed the cotton from his ear. Hooray!!

No comments: