Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Super Bowl 2007

There was no super bowl 2007. I couldn't make it to the party so I went to see "Babel" instead. I had heard so much about it but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It's kind of like "Crash" but with a different flavor.

This movie left me with several questions. They probably meant to do that, but I feel like some parts of the movie didn't really make sense.

1. Why didn't Richard and his wife just keep going on the bus? Sure they needed to stop to take care of the wound, but knowing that the hospital is 4 hours away and that the embassy wasn't going to send anyone anytime soon, maybe they could have just kept going??? The helicopter could have met them anywhere...

2. Why were they in Morocco in the first place?

3. Did Chieko's mom really commit suicide? If she did, did she shoot herself or jump off of the building? Why the hell does the guy have a gun in his apartment? Just sound so weird considering that this is taking place in Japan. I guess the girl lied about her mom jumping off the building to win sympathy, but the whole conversation confused me.

It's weird seeing how Japanese schoolgirls are portrayed in American movies. I saw Grudge 2 and they were super kinky, too. The girls in Babel were a lot worse. Kind of upsetting knowing that there are people out there that would thinks this is just how things are in Japan. Sure, there are girls who alter their uniform skirts but that was like taken straight out of some kinky anime. I highly doubt that all blind schoolgirls are like that. They sure made it seem like it, though. Ugh.

The scenees from Morocco were breathtaking. Mexico was cool, too.

Overall a good movie with some disappointments.

No comments: