Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dinner Dance 2007

Dinner Dance is an annual event at the agency where we honor the graduates of the program. Since I worked for the agency for the entire year of 2006, this event meant more to me this year than it did last year. It's amazing seeing these kids grow right in front of our eyes. What's more amazing is when I see them after not having seeing them for a while.

The most amazing part of the event for me was one of the graduate's speech.

He told his mother he loves her, and that he did not care about her before, but now he can would die for her.

He talked about how his relationship with his mother was very bad when he came into the program. Although many residents stay in the program for their mothers/fathers, he said he didn't care about that at all. They are now as close as they ever were.

A little dramatic, perhaps, but it blew me away. It was so touching it brought tears to many of us.

It was the best "I love you" I've ever heard in my life.

Congratulations to all of you.

No comments: