
Before going in the water, the kids played this game...I don't know what it's called...but there were two teams (wearing flags) and the object of the game was to take the football from the other corner and bring it back to our side. Is this kind of like Capture the Flag?? Anyways, they had odd number of people so I was coerced into playing. Running on sand is really, really hard!! My back hurts :(
The menu for dinner was hot dogs and hamburgers. Of course, they forgot potato chips, spices/seasonings for the hamburgers, napkins, paper towel, etc. etc. The dinner probably lasted for an hour since our gas burner wouldn't cook fast enough. I'm sure the kids ate some sand, too. Goes well with the salt water they drank while playing in the water.
The thing I love about Dockweiler Beach is the bonfire. I'm not sure if this is allowed, but we grabbed a whole bunch of wood from the old bed (I think some pieces were compressed wood?) and used them for the bonfire. Killed two birds with one stone...

It's exhausting spending almost the entire day on the beach. I'm pooped. I wanna go back again before the summer is over, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment