Saturday, July 21, 2007

Fear Factor: OA Style

Weirdest things I ate at OA...

1. Butter-flavored fried rice
Many of the kids don't know how to make fried rice. Somehow the wrong info got passed down and they started cooking fried rice with butter. They also use eggs but the rice literally turns yellow. I think they beat the eggs and pour on the rice instead of scrambling the eggs first. Today's fried rice had nothing but rice and eggs in it. Where are all the vegetables???

2. Cinnamon-flavored meatloaf

One kid started using cinnamon on everything. I tasted cinammon in meatloaf after I had yelled at him for putting cinnamon in something else. He swore he didn't do it, and then I found out that staff used that morning's french toast in the meatloaf. It wasn't bad, but it was weird.

3. Ceviche with nothing but crab meeat and onions

I think it's actually called Haiva when it's made with crab meat. Maybe they added a little bit of lemon juice but that was it. No tomatoes, cilantro (I'm not sure if this is right but I think it would taste good), or sometimes avocados.

4. Chap Chae with no flavor

I admit that this one might be kind of hard since it's an ethnic dish. But where's all the ingredient?? I swear they made it once with nothing but noodles.

5. Miso soup with a gang of pepper

I like pepper in most of my food, but I don't think I ever put pepper in miso soup. Many non-Japanese people seem to think miso soup is just too bland. You can put more miso you know...and where's the seaweed, onions, and tofu???

6. Mac & Cheese with Spam

Is this an OA thing or do people cook it this way in other places???

More to come when I remember...

No comments: