Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bionic Woman

My shoulder surgery went well. The surgeon fixed 2 small tears, one on the ligament and the other on the muscle. I knew it had to be an injury but I wasn't expecting two tears. Anyhoo, the recovery process might be quicker than expected. I'll probably write more about this in detail later on when I can type with both hands.

I told the kids about my leave 2 days before the surgery date. I tried to explain it in simple terms, but I guess it's hard to understand, especially if you've never had surgery before.

One kid asked another staff if I'm broken.

What am I, a machine??

So he told him that there is a problem with my shoulder and that it'll be fixed.

Another kid raised his hand and asked if I'm coming back with a mechanical arm. Not sure if he was joking, but he really did ask. They thought it'll be cool if I come back with a robotic arm that can pitch 300 miles an hour.

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I did not return as robo-chick.

I have a huge padding like a football player and my arm is stuck to my body. It almost looks like my arm has been amputated. I was very nauseous the first day but I'm doing fine since with barely any medication.

I've been reading the discharge instructions and it seems like all I can do now is sit around and rest for a few days. I tried playing pool with one hand but I kept hitting the other arm so I had to stop. Just afew more days...

No comments: