Monday, October 15, 2007

Father's Office

I'm not a huge fan of hamburgers, but I do care for good food.

I was talking to AK about hamburgers one day and decided to go to Father's Office in Santa Monica. I remember going there once about 4 years ago. I wasn't feeling well and really didn't feel like eating that night. That probably wasn't a fair assessment of really how good their burger is. Father's office is actually a bar with a interesting selection of beer and wine, but also have excellent food.

Of course, I had to have the burger again. I asked for a Japanese beer but they were out, so I ended up with some random one. As long as I'm fed, it's all good.

I might be hallucinating but I think they changed a few things. If I remember correctly, they used to serve their burgers in a basket. Anyhoo, the food was fantastic.

Here's the famous Office Burger (I got the picture from someone's blog called Delicious Life. The place is so dark for my camera phone.


The burger was whopping $12 but it's all worth it.
According to their website, the burger is "Made from dry aged beef, carmelized onion, applewood bacon campote, gruyere, matag blue cheese and arugula." I have no idea what this all means, but it sure was tasty. I'm convinced that they put soy sauce in it (owner is Chinese), but I guess I'll never find out for sure.

I also had Spanish Mushrooms and Sweet Potato Fries. The fries come in this cute little shopping cart...



I highly recommend this place for everyone, especially hamburger (and beer) lovers.

No comments: