Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sacrifices

1. Hiroko vs. Tuna Cans

My coworker asked me to pick up a couple cans of Tuna at Smart & Final when I went out to get lunch. I said sure, but had very little time. Luckily, I found them relatively quickly and reached for them so I could get the hell outta there. Keep in mind that these tuna cans are Smart & Final Size = Ginormous. They were on the shelf about my eye level so I had to reach for them. The cans don't really sit on top of each other well so the one on top started sliding. I didn't want it fall but I don't have a third arm to catch it. What did I do? I sacrificed my face to stop it from falling on the floor. Ouch. I proceed to the cashier and realize that I didn't bring the Smart & Final card. Doh...

A few days later, I feel a pain on my chin and I remembered that I was attacked by the tuna cans. I looked in the mirror and actually found a small bruise on my chin. My battle wound took several days for it to heal.

2. Hiroko vs. Ink Cartridge

We've been out of toner for a while and finally got the new toners last night. I couldn't wait, so I decided to put it in before group. I should have known something would go wrong because whoever did it before me messed up and there was black ink all over the inside of the printer.

I follow instructions and pull out the long thingy to attach the toner cartridge. It's not supposed to come out all the way, but it did. By then, it was too late. The thing fell on my feet and whatever ink (black powder) that was left inside was all over my pants and shoes. Not just any pants and shoes, but KHAKI PANTS AND WHITE SNEAKERS.

By then, I didn't care about getting any ink on me so I took off my gloves and proceeded to put the toner in. It didn't snap on right, and sure enough, more ink came out. Like I said, I didn't care what I looked like at this point, but I kind of panicked and called my boss for this printer emergency. I know I didn't break it (it was already broken) but I sure did ruin the brand-new cartridge. He told me not to breathe in the crap. Sure, I'll try...but I think I was pretty much covered in it.

I cleaned it off as much as I could and joined group. The kid next to me saw my pants and shoes and gave me a funny look. Sorry kid. You can laugh but you're gonna have to clean the office.

So what's next? So far, I'm 0 for 2. Bring it on...it can't get any worse.

2 comments:

Byronism said...

ok, i laughed out loud at this post! hmmm, what else can i have you fix?!?

Hiroko said...

I got beat up by the van door yesterday. Got a really dark bruise right above my knee.