Thursday, July 10, 2008

30

What's 30?

I'm 30. in a few minutes.

I was born on July 11, 1978.

I can't say that I'm happy...should I be? but I'm not sad or upset either.
It's just weird to say goodbye to my 20s. It went by so quickly.

Whatever I imagined about "30" during my 20s is probably not what I am today.

I'd say I'm a little smarter...but weigh a little more...eyes got worse...etc. etc.
I fell in love, got my heart broken, and probably got a little tougher (and hopefully not bitter).
I did mostly whatever I wanted to do in my late 20s, then felt a little lonely at times.

but it's OK. I think I accomplished a few things I wanted by the time I turn 30.

I don't think I thought about it as much as other people did about turning 30. I mean, a lot of people are planning or doing really cool things to celebrate their 30th birthday, like buying themselves something nice, going places, etc. just doing something really big. The only think I can think of that I considered doing was skydiving, but I totally forgot about it till now.

I better start thinking about 40 now. It's only gonna get tougher to remember things.