I've been too lazy to write about the "fun" I had in Vegas. I'm just gonna move on and write about something else.
Mondays are my day off and my day to run errands. I've been meaning to go to the DMV to change my driver's license from class B to class C so I finally went today. I couldn't stand the automated appointment system so I just walked in without an appointment.
BIG MISTAKE.
It was total madness there. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the budget cuts and not being open on whatever day it is but man oh man it was insane. There were no parking space and it seemed as if they were willing to kill each other just to get a place to park. DMV has always been a crazy place (except PennDOT near State College, PA. Just a little shack and no lines!) but it seemed much worse today.
I circled around several times trying to find parking space and I saw a car pull out on the street. Without hesitation, I parked there and got in line.
The guy turns around and recognizes me. He was one of our clients!! He gave me a big hug. I'm not sure if he was happy to see me because we haven't seen each other in months or because he needed someone to save him a spot in line while he went to get his pen in his car. In either case, he looked like he's doing well.
So I check in with the driver's license line person and he didn't seem to know what I'm supposed to do. He gave me several options and gave me a number. G331. They were at G280. I decided to leave and get something to eat.
I get back to my car and I see a piece of paper on my windshield. A guy walks by and says, "that sucks." Yes, I got a parking ticket. I got so many of them this year... It seems really ironic that I got a parking ticket in front of the DMV even though it has nothing to do with them. I saw two people giving tickets to the other cars parked in front of me. Is this a 2 people job??? Apparently, none of us knew that we're not supposed to park there. I guess it's street cleaning today? I bet Culver City makes $1000 a day on that section of Washington alone.
The former client guy I was talking to mentioned Tito's Tacos so I headed over there for lunch (at 3 PM). I haven't been there in a few years and kind of missed it even though it's really nothing special. I forgot that they give you way too much cheese and that their salsa is watery, but I still like it. I shoved it down my throat and headed back inside the DMV.
The security guy comes up to me and says that only water is allowed. WTF! Why do they care what I'm drinking!? Fine. I went outside the door where I could still see which number was being called. I went back in when it was around G325. The same security guy was there and said, "Long lines." I told him, "yeah that's why I left and got lunch." He then said, "I know." I'm being watched!!!!! Wait, that's his job. Still gave me the creeps.
My number is finally called and I ask them to change my license to class C. He did the paperwork then told me to pay $28. Then gave me back $6. I have no idea why. I took a new picture but it still expires next year. Weird. Anyways, I accomplished what I went there for and don't have to worry about it anymore.
OK I was about to publish this blog but bad luck continues...the washing machine broke and it won't go into the spin cycle. I had to take the wet load out and take it to the laundromat. It had to be the load with a bath towel and a super long beach towel. So heavy!!!!! I need this day to be over but I can't go to sleep for another 2 hours...ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment